West Peckham Preceptory

West Peckham Preceptory is located in Kent
West Peckham Preceptory was a preceptory in West Peckham, Kent, England.

West Peckham Preceptory was founded circa 1408 by Sir John Culpeper of Oxon Hoath, West Peckham. It was held by the Knights Hospitallers, and used by them as an administrative centre. The preceptory remained in the possession of the Knights Hospitallers until it was dissolved by King Henry VIII circa 1523. At the time of the dissolution, it was valued at £63 6s 8d and had an income of £60 per annum.

This page was last edited on 4 February 2017, at 17:14.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Peckham_Preceptory under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed