West Elgin, Ontario
is a municipality in Elgin County
. The township was created on January 1, 1998, through the amalgamation of the former township of Aldborough
with the village of West Lorne
The two main population centres within the township are Rodney and West Lorne. Additionally, it also includes the smaller communities of Churchville, Clachan, Crinan, Eagle, Kintyre, New Glasgow, Port Glasgow and Twin Valleys.
The original township of Aldborough was named in 1792 after Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England.
This page was last edited on 4 December 2017, at 18:55 (UTC)
under CC BY-SA license.