Setauket (LIRR station)
was a station stop along the Port Jefferson Branch
of the Long Island Rail Road
. The station was established by the Smithtown and Port Jefferson Railroad
(a Long Island Rail Road subsidiary) in July 1873,
marked by a sand bank. In February 1877, a new freight deport was built. No depot appears to have been built until January-February 1883.
This depot was razed on October 3, 1960. It was discontinued as a stop around 1980.
Setauket station was located between the Stony Brook and Port Jefferson Stations on the north side of the tracks just east of the bridge where Gnarled Hollow Road passes under the tracks in Setauket. Access to the station was through a driveway which empted onto Gnarled Hollow Road just north of the bridge on the east side of the road. Today the site, across the tracks from the current location of the All-Flags & Flagpoles company (formerly the site of the American Flagpole Factory), is occupied by pole-tech.
This page was last edited on 26 November 2017, at 16:19.
under CC BY-SA license.