Penns Neck station

Penns Neck Dinky station site.JPG
Stub icon 1
Penns Neck was a former station of the Pennsylvania Railroad, in the Penns Neck neighborhood of West Windsor Township, New Jersey. It opened sometime between 1865 and 1875 as an intermediate stop on the newly completed Princeton Branch line, near its midpoint where it crossed the turnpike that is now U.S. Route 1. The location was originally a grade crossing and later a rail bridge.

Penn Central Transportation took over operations in 1968 and discontinued the little-used station in January 1971. The branch line still provides frequent service between Princeton station (on the Princeton University campus) and Princeton Junction (on the Northeast Corridor), as part of NJ Transit Rail Operations.


This page was last edited on 20 May 2018, at 15:12.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penns_Neck_(PRR_station) under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed