Ouzouer-le-Marché is a former commune in the Loir-et-Cher department in north-central France. On 1 January 2016, it was merged into the new commune of Beauce-la-Romaine. Ouzouer le Marché is a dynamic rural town of nearly 2,000 inhabitants. It is the seat of the canton of La Beauce and of the Communauté de communes of la Beauce oratorienne.
There are several hypothesis of Ouzouer-le-Marché origins.
First hypothesis: Formerly in the Bronze Age, the town was called because of the swamps: Ouzouer le Marais. To pass these swamps, it was necessary to check uncouple the wagons where the market name to the wheels. According to historians, this marsh gave birth to a stream that flowed into the Loire by mauves, which seems unlikely today, the natural inclination is more towards water Tripleville.
Second hypothesis: In old registry, there are different spellings of the name: Ozoir, Auzoir, Auzouert and Ouzouer, this would be a Celtic name which would mean swamp. Indeed in 1850, instead of the church and the current location of the local school and the castle square, deep trenches connected one to another. The village is now between similar trenches, some to the north called the channel, the other south. The ground is so abundant with water over a clay layer that it doesn't allow to hollow caves, while in other parts you need to go down 80 feet for clean water.
Third hypothesis: Another version says that Ouzouer means Oratorium and is given to a large number of cities that has Saint Martin as patron, so Ouzouer-le-Marché, Ouzouer le Doyer, Ouzouer le Breuil et Ouzouer sur Loire have all Saint Martin as patron.