North Ingria

Flag
Coat of arms
The Republic of North Ingria (Finnish: Pohjois-Inkerin tasavalta) or Republic of Kirjasalo (Finnish: Kirjasalon tasavalta) was a short-lived state of Ingrian Finns in the southern part of the Karelian Isthmus, which seceded from Bolshevist Russia after the October Revolution. Its aim was to be incorporated into Finland. It ruled parts of Northern Ingria from 1919 until 1920. With the Peace Treaty of Tartu it was re-integrated into Russia. However, Ingrian Finns of this area enjoyed a certain degree of national autonomy until the 1930s in compliance with the policy of national delimitation in the Soviet Union. In 1928 the Kuivaisi National District was established there with its administrative base in Toksovo. In 1939 it was abolished and the area was joined to the Pargolovo district.[2] Today, it is the north-eastern part of Vsevolozhsky District.

Coordinates: 60°28′43″N 30°05′28″E / 60.47861°N 30.09111°E / 60.47861; 30.09111

This page was last edited on 22 May 2018, at 14:45 (UTC).
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ingria under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed