Menuha

Menuha is located in Ashkelon region of Israel
Menuha (Hebrew: מְנוּחָה‬) is a moshav in south-central Israel. Located to the north of Kiryat Gat and south of Kiryat Malakhi, it falls under the jurisdiction of Lakhish Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 549.

It was founded in 1953 by Jewish refugees to Israel from Kurdistan region of Iraq on land belonging to the Arab Palestinian villages of Summil and Jusayr, both of which were depopulated in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

Along with neighboring Nahla, it was named after "Biblical passage "Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel ..." (1 Kings 8:56) and for the Menuha VeNahala (Hebrew: מנוחה ונחלה) organization that founded Rehovot. Menuha means "rest" or "ease" in Hebrew.

This page was last edited on 22 July 2017, at 03:20.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menucha under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed