The site is currently occupied by Longleat House.
The first Augustinian canons at Longleat established themselves in the 12th century at Langley, in Selwood Forest, approximately two miles from the current Longleat House, in a priory dedicated to Saint Mary. This establishment did not last long, however, and following its demise the manor of Langley and St Algar's chapel were transferred to Cirencester Abbey.
A second priory, dedicated to St Radegund, was established at Longleat, on the site of the current Longleat House, at some point before 1235, although the exact date is unknown. The priory was endowed by with lands in Selwood Forest by Sir John Vernon, who is thought to be the founder of the priory. Sir John also made a donation of four acres of land in Ansty.
By 1257 the priory had acquired lands at "Baycliff in Horningsham" and by 1291 had acquired further lands in Longleat and Stourton in Wiltshire and land in Batcombe, Laverton, Lullington and Nunney, all in Somerset. In 1291, it is recorded that this land provided the priory with an income of £5 17s. 7d.