Jodhpur State Railway

The Jodhpur State Railway (JSR) was created in 1924 and took over responsibility for working the "Jodhpur Section" of the Jodhpur–Bikaner Railway, including the British section of the Jodhpur-Hyderabad Railway.

Originally named the Jodhpur Railway the first section opened as a metre gauge(MG) line in 1882, becoming the Jodhpur–Bikaner Railway (JBR) in 1889.

In 1908 the JBR operated 828 miles(1325km) in the territories of Sind (under British control) and in territories of the States of Jodhpur and Bikaner.

By 1918 the ‘JBR System’ had expanded to 1355 miles(2180km); which comprised 1106 miles(1179km) plus a further 249 miles(401km) which JBR was working and operating under agreements with other railways .

A further 210 miles(400km) were sanctioned or under construction by JBR in 1918 .

In 1924, the JBR was divided into its two constituent parts, with two new systems, the Jodhpur State Railway(JSR) and Bikaner State Railway(BSR) formed to take over responsibility for working the raiway. The JSR taking the “Jodhpur Section” of the Jodhpur–Bikaner Railway, together with the Jodhpur-Hyderabad Railway (British Section).

This page was last edited on 3 January 2018, at 18:08.
Reference: under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed