Flowerfield (LIRR station)

Stub icon 1
Stub icon 2
Flowerfield was a former station along the Port Jefferson Branch of the Long Island Rail Road in Saint James, New York. The station opened in 1910 on a 1,000-acre (400 ha) parcel purchased by John Lewis Childs to grow plants and seeds, which was later acquired by the Gyrodyne Company of America. The second floor of the station even had a small greenhouse. The station closed in 1958.

Reopening the Flowerfield station, along with a closure of the St. James station, was proposed in the mid-1990s as part of a plan to redevelop the Gyrodyne site.

This page was last edited on 26 November 2017, at 16:14.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowerfield_(LIRR_station) under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed