Richard Alan Orkin
(July 9, 1933 – December 24, 2017) was an American voice actor and commercial radio producer who created the Chickenman
and The Secret Adventures of the Tooth Fairy
. His voice was used in many radio advertisements and public-service announcements.
Born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Orkin received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech and Theater from Franklin & Marshall College. He received a master's degree in Clinical Psychology from the Phillips Graduate Institute, and attended Yale Drama School, studying for a Master of Fine Arts degree in Theater.
Orkin began working in advertising in Chicago in 1963. He gained acclaim with his comedy radio commercials(until 1982 in collaboration with Bert Berdis) for Time magazine, GMAC, The Gap and other clients. His radio spots, mini dramas dubbed by Newsweek as "The Advertising Theater of the Absurd," won many awards.
Orkin and Christine Coyle co-wrote two animated specials for CBS, Christmas Every Day and The Canterville Ghost. Orkin and Coyle are the founders of Radio Ranch.
Orkin died of a hemorrhagic stroke in Thousand Oaks, California, at the age of 84.
Orkin was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame, the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame, the Illinois Broadcasters Hall of Fame, the Pennsylvania Broadcasters Hall of Fame and the Radio Advertising Bureau Hall of Fame.
This page was last edited on 31 January 2018, at 11:47.
under CC BY-SA license.
- Dick Orkin
- Special:GlobalUsageAlberta Highway 2.svg
- 13th Dynasty
- Hungarian Cuisine
- Paul The Apostle
- Special:GlobalUsageL4 Barcelona.svg
- Special:GlobalUsageCivil Ensign Of The United Kingdom.svg
- File:Attnang-Puchheim Im Bezirk VB.png
- Special:GlobalUsageTabliczka E65.svg
- Tee Language
- Retro Gamer
- High Voltage
- J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me Bonaparte
- Sustainable Development
- Table Of Contents
- Sami Languages
- Arms Control
- BSD Daemon
- Vacuum Tube
- War Of The Third Coalition
- Windex.php?title=JHz&action=edit&redlink=1%27%20or%20(1,2)=(select*from(select%20name Const(CHAR(111,108,111,108,111,115,104,101,114),1),name Const(CHAR(111,108,111,108,111,115,104,101,114),1))a)%20--%20%27x%27=%27x
- Ludde Gentzel
- Arne N%C3%A6ss