Citizens Building

Citizens Building.jpg
The Citizens Building, built for Citizens Savings and Trust and now known as the City Club Building, is a historic high-rise building in downtown Cleveland, Ohio constructed in 1903. It is home to the City Club of Cleveland and was designed by the Cleveland architectural firm of Hubbell & Benes. J. H. Wade was the bank's chairman in the early 1900s and commissioned many projects with Hubbell & Benes.

The building has long been home to jewelers. It is located at 850 Euclid Avenue, near East 9th Street. It has 14 floors and was home to the offices of many prominent Cleveland businessmen including investment banker William George Dietz and insurance company and brokererage firm owner Harry J. Klossen.

The building originally featured a neoclassical portico with four large columns, but it was later removed.

Coordinates: 41°30′00″N 81°41′14″W / 41.5000°N 81.6871°W / 41.5000; -81.6871


This page was last edited on 17 May 2017, at 18:03.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_Building under CC BY-SA license.

Related Topics

Recently Viewed