Chemins de fer électriques de la Gruyère
The Chemins de fer électriques de la Gruyère
(CEG) was the name finally adopted by the Chemin de fer Châtel-St-Denis-Bulle-Montbovon
(CBM) before operation started. (The 1903 federal rolling stock statistics already showed the company as CEG). In 1907 it was enlarged by the amalgamation of the Chemin de fer Châtel-St-Denis-Palézieux
(CP). To this system was added a short branch from Bulle to Broc, which opened in 1912.
The company operated a system of just 48.2 km with a main line from Montbovon, the junction with the MOB, to Palézieux, on the SBB-CFF-FFS line between Bern and Lausanne. The Broc branch made up the total distance.
Two standard gauge operations joined in a further amalgamation on 1 January 1942 when together they formed the Chemins de fer Fribourgeois Gruyère-Fribourg-Morat.
Grandguillaume Michel, et al., Voies étroites de Veveyse et de Gruyère. BVA, Lausanne, 1984, ISBN 2-88125-003-3
This page was last edited on 4 July 2017, at 15:13.
under CC BY-SA license.