Bulla is a locality and township of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 29 kilometres (18 mi) north-west from Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the City of Hume. At the 2016 Census, Bulla had a population of 675, and is adjacent to the Melbourne metropolitan area.
The word Bulla is of indigenous Australian origins meaning 'two'. It was first settled by William "Tulip" Wright, the former chief constable of Melbourne in 1843. In 1851 the village was surveyed. A flour mill, brickworks and pottery works were built to exploit local kaolinite reserves, and facilities were quickly erected to serve the local population, including several churches (two of which are now listed by the National Trust), a school, general store, and from 1862, council offices.
Bulla Post Office opened on 1 March 1851 but was known as Bulla Bulla until 1854.
At the time it was the largest town in the region, but competition from Sunbury limited the growth of the town. In 1956, the Bulla Shire Council (now part of the City of Hume following amalgamation in 1994) moved to Sunbury, and in 1996, the Kennett Liberal government closed the primary school.
The town centre of Bulla contains a large reserve which includes a sports centre, tennis club and community centre. This reserve is home to the Tullamarine Live Steam Society, who maintain a miniature railway which is open to the public on the first and third Sunday afternoon of each month, with a monthly market on the third Sunday between 9am and 3pm with train rides all day. It also contains hotel-motel accommodation and a country fire station.