On 10 September 1883 the Bala and Festiniog Railway (B&FR) and the Festiniog Railway (FR) opened what would nowadays be called an interchange station in Blaenau Ffestiniog, Merionethshire, Wales. Merionethshire is now part of the county of Gwynedd.
The station was initially named plain "Blaenau Festiniog" (without a second f), being renamed Blaenau Ffestiniog Central in 1951. It closed to passengers on 4 January 1960 and closed completely a year later. The B&FR was part of the Great Western Railway in all but name, becoming vested in the GWR in 1910.
The evolution of Blaenau's passenger stations was complex with five different railway companies providing services to the area.
The Festiniog Railway's narrow gauge line from Portmadoc to Duffws (FR) ran through the future site of Blaenau Ffestiniog Central from 1865, but there was no platform or stopping place. In 1868 the narrow gauge Festiniog and Blaenau Railway (F&BR) opened a line the three and a half miles from Llan Ffestiniog to Blaenau, making a junction with the FR a short distance west of the future Blaenau Ffestiniog Central, this junction - named Dolgarregddu Junction - was for goods only. The F&BR opened their Blaenau passenger terminus almost exactly in the site of the future Blaenau Ffestiniog Central; it was named Duffws (F&BR). From 1868 to 1883 there were therefore two wholly separate "Duffws" stations a short distance apart on opposite sides of Church Street. Passengers wishing to travel from (say) Bala to Tan-y-Bwlch could travel by horse-drawn coach to Llan Ffestiniog, then buy a through ticket, changing trains in Blaenau by walking the couple of hundred yards between the two Duffwses.
The standard gauge Great Western Railway (GWR), through the nominally independent Bala and Festiniog Railway, reached Llan Ffestiniog from Bala in 1882. A passenger from (say) Bala to Tan-y-Bwlch could buy a through ticket and change at Llan Ffestiniog by walking a short distance between the standard gauge GWR platform and the narrow gauge F&BR platform, then, on reaching Blaenau, change once more by walking from Duffws (F&BR) to Duffws (FR).