Built by the subway architect A. Grenander in 1930 this station was a station of the GN Bahn (Gesundbrunnen-Neukölln) of line D. On 8 February 1944, it was destroyed due to ceiling openings.
In April 1945 it was closed due to World War II, and reopened again in May 1945.
After the Second World War, the subway station was below the border between the Soviet and French sectors. As a result, the building of the Wall on August 13, 1961, closed the station, making it, like five other stations along the line, a "ghost train station" where trains passed through. An opening came only with the political turnaround, at which on April 12, 1990, initially the western part was made accessible again. The entrance gate was removed on 19 March 1990 on the decision of the opening of the station. The bullet-riddled holes in the U-Bahn station were later removed. The eastern exit had to undergo renovation works and was reopened on July 1, 1990.