(also known as Beans Place
, Beans Community
, and Horger
is an unincorporated community
in Jasper County
, United States
Beans is located on the west side of the Angelina River
12 miles (19 km) northwest of Jasper
. The community was founded in 1904 by Ira S. Bean, who initially named its post office
Horger for John Miller Horger. In 1925, the Post Office Department established a new post office for Bean's Place to avoid confusion with the towns of Borger
; however, the Horger post office did not close until 1929. Beans had a population of 25 through 1944 and was marked on highway maps as Beans Community through the 1980s.
From 1970 to 1979, Beans was served by a spur route of Texas Recreational Road 255
Coordinates: 31°00′22″N 94°10′59″W / 31.00611°N 94.18306°W
This page was last edited on 29 October 2016, at 09:12.
under CC BY-SA license.