The 127th Command and Control Squadron assigned to the Wings 184th Regional Support Group, is a descendant organization of the 127th Observation Squadron, established on 30 July 1940. It is one of the 29 original National Guard Observation Squadrons of the United States Army National Guard formed before World War II.
In April 2008 the 184th Intelligence Wing became the first Intelligence Wing in the Air National Guard. The Wing encompasses a variety of missions at the federal, state, and community levels.
The 184 IW consists of the following units:
On 1 October 1962, the Kansas Air National Guard 127th Tactical Fighter Squadron was authorized to expand to a group level, and the 184th Tactical Fighter Group was established by the National Guard Bureau. The 127th TFS becoming the group's flying squadron. Other squadrons assigned into the group were the 184th Headquarters, 184th Material Squadron (Maintenance), 184th Combat Support Squadron, and the 184th USAF Dispensary.
In January 1968, following North Korea's seizure of the USS Pueblo, the 127th TFS was ordered to extended active duty, and deployed to Kunsan Air Base, South Korea and assigned to the PACAF 354th Tactical Fighter Wing at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. As a result of this federalization, the 184th TFG was placed in a non-operational status. The 127th was released from active duty in June 1969, being returned to Kansas state control. When returned to the 184th TFG, the group was returned to operational status.